FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating Avid Group Clips

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zack Stoff
Creating Avid Group Clips
on Jul 20, 2014 at 5:10:07 pm

I have a two camera shoot for which I'm trying to sync both cameras to boom track and create a synced group clip. When I group both A and B to the sound, I still get the scratch sound instead of the boom track. I can Autosync A and B separately to the boom, then create a group clip from both synced clips. But isn't there a way to do this in one step - without having to Autosync then Group? Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Creating Avid Group Clips
on Jul 20, 2014 at 11:31:47 pm

Even thought the scratch tracks are still there, have you tried editing the entire clip on the timeline, and before editing, switch the audio to the audio only track? Does that work for you?

Group clipping could use the track removal concept of AutoSync as part of its process.

Michael

Return to posts index

Rosie Walunas
Re: Creating Avid Group Clips
on Jul 24, 2014 at 3:27:47 am

I do this regularly and like to keep the scratch audio but you can still have the external track to cut with and get rid of the others in the timeline (or solo the tracks on the master clips).

Sync everything, then group. Set up the Source monitor so that it displays multi-cam angles and so that you have the option on the top gray bar area (like where you choose to Load Filler) to display another track of info. This way you can check off the audio tracks you want and video and audio follows video and all that. I'm not sure what you call doing this, but sometimes Avid defaults to showing less info up there, and you need to see more info about your grouped clips.

So then you should be able to choose your audio tracks. Then cut into timeline whatever you want. If it's the wrong audio, right click on the track then choose the other track.

Hope this is what you need...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]