FORUMS: list search recent posts

relink new files import resolve

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Israel Diaz
relink new files import resolve
on Jul 19, 2014 at 1:45:25 am

hello and first so sorry with my english.

I have a problem

I export aaf to resolve , I work in resolve and after this I import via easy setup (aaf) to avid media composer.

The problem is this works great but if you realease any change in resolve, re render all the files and change in the MXF folder this not work say me offline and is the same name.

I also clean pmr and mdb files to autoscane avid.

Any help??

Return to posts index

Israel Diaz
Re: relink new files import resolve
on Jul 19, 2014 at 2:08:15 pm

I think that reelinking are not working because is not the same "tape", but I can not modify the clips.. Give me this error

If any one could help me.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jul 19, 2014 at 6:10:41 pm

When you look at the newly created clips from Resolve in the bin, and in the "Tape" column, does it display what you are expecting?

The value in "Tape" is defined by "REEL" in Resolve which is set by "assist conform by" in the settings.

Michael

Return to posts index

Israel Diaz
on Jul 19, 2014 at 6:45:31 pm

Hello.

And thank you for answer me.

I will like to change selecting a clip with the right mouse button and select modify to put the same tape to the old clips and the new clips, but give me this error when I change

http://i1.creativecow.net/u/251471/error.jpg

The problem is that I can not relink new clips, with the same name. I erase old clips or old grading and when I put new and refresh mdb archive , avid media composer not find data.

Sorry my bad english

Return to posts index

Israel Diaz
on Jul 19, 2014 at 6:58:47 pm
Last Edited By Israel Diaz on Jul 19, 2014 at 7:01:55 pm

Hello.

And thank you for answer me.

The problem is that I can not relink new clips, with the same name. I erase old clips or old grading and when I put new and refresh mdb archive , avid media composer not relink. I drag mdb archive in the same bin with the secuence. With bacthimport works but one to one.. uffff

Return to posts index

Israel Diaz
on Jul 19, 2014 at 7:18:27 pm

I dont know if not have metadata the files. it is posible in Avidmetafuze only change "tape" metadata of a couple files or create metadata to avid?
if this is posible say me please.
thank you

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jul 19, 2014 at 11:30:04 pm

MetaFuze can't change the TAPE name associated with the file that was already created. Can you tell us what it should be and what it is now in the bin?

Michael

Return to posts index

Israel Diaz
on Jul 20, 2014 at 9:20:59 am
Last Edited By Israel Diaz on Jul 20, 2014 at 9:21:52 am

thank you.

In the bin is the old secuence of the previous gradding with the new clips (last gradding)that I import dragging msmMMOB.mdb.

I will like that reelink the new clips that have the same name (file name)in the secuence because this secuence have all the transitions.

In a tutorial I see that the clips must to stay in the same tape to reelinking in the same bin (open bin), for this I will like change the tape, but when I tried the avid media give me the error.

If you have any method to reelink the new clips.

BR
Thank you.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jul 20, 2014 at 1:50:59 pm

I understand what you want to do, but you are not telling my what you have in your bin in either the TAPE column or the SOURCE FILE column.

Did you start with AMA or not? When in Resolve did you only color correct or did you do any editing whatsoever? Are you conforming original camera clips or linking to the Avid MXF files for color correction? Are you correcting individual clips or a mixdown of the sequence? This information helps in defining a workflow that will work.

If there was NO editing done whatsoever in Resolve and only correction applied to the clips or events in the timeline, the easiest method is to transcode to your DNxHD resolution on the deliver page (typically with some handles applied) and back on the edit page, highlight the sequence/timeline and export AAF from there. NOT A NEW AAF, but the same AAF. This process updates all the new media links but leaves the sequence and all its effects alone. But this only works if there were no changes to anything in the timeline other than color correction. Move the transcoded media to the Avid MediaFiles/MXF structure in a number folder. No need to import mob file, just import the AAF exported and it will relink.

If you did do editorial changes, then transcode with handles, import the msmMMOB.mdb file like you did. But we are back to making sure that the proper REEL ID's have been assigned, especially if you conformed to camera originals. Once you import the msmMMOB.mdb file, display the TAPE column and make sure that the values on each clip is what you expect them to be, and are the same as what was used on the clips in the sequence you are trying to link to. Once you can confirm this to us, we can take it to the next step.

Or if you want, Scott Freeman did a rather detailed guide to roundtrip conform. These steps may help in your situation.

http://library.creativecow.net/freeman_scott/AVID-Framerate-Metadata/1

Michael

Return to posts index

Israel Diaz
on Jul 20, 2014 at 5:09:52 pm
Last Edited By Israel Diaz on Jul 20, 2014 at 5:33:36 pm

Thank you Michael.

I go to answer you, I understand in this moment ;) I think so.

TAPE column in Avid is Empty or have the number 6 , because I change this is modify , the first moment put the name of the clips. Few clips change the value to 6 another put empty and give error.

In resolve is empty and perhasps in first moments have a single tape to a single archive (I think that this perhaps is the error), because I not configure well the conform options in resolve

I start with AMA, edit in avid media and export via AMA to resolve. I not edit in Resolve only gradding. To take out I delivering , create new clips with the AAF

Yes I saw the tutorial of Scott and I configure conform part well with this.Great tutorial.

But in this moment I have a secuence that I insert transitions with tape column empty or 6 and a couple of clips that export with tape value of 6.

There is a software that could change metadata of the clips?? I see another program "metacheater" but I not find.

I think that one solution perhaps it is export aaf to resole another time and link new clips, after this perhaps create another aaf in resolve with the transitions... uff

I return to resolve with the secuence of avid that have the transitions but not have linked media, in media pool I put all the clips but this not works, but clarify that reel is bad in all the secuence.

I go to check export XML file in resolve and fix this with the same number.

Thank you Michael.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]