FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid quirks - or is it me?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Edwards
Avid quirks - or is it me?
on Jul 17, 2014 at 8:17:24 am

I've been using Media composer (on a PC) for some time now and am a little baffled by some of its behaviour.

First: when multicam editing, if I want to switch the audio source I right-click the track and EITHER it offers me the choice I want OR it shows a menu beginning "Select all in segment.." but I don't understand on what basis it offers the one rather than the other.

Secondly, the buttons to the left of the timeline seem to lose highlighting for no reason obvious to me when I'm editing.

I'm sure this is down to my ignorance but I'd welcome your thoughts.

Return to posts index

Trevor Asquerthian
Re: Avid quirks - or is it me?
on Jul 17, 2014 at 9:52:34 am

[Dave Edwards] "if I want to switch the audio source I right-click the track and EITHER it offers me the choice I want OR it shows a menu beginning "Select all in segment.." but I don't understand on what basis it offers the one rather than the other"

I don't remember seeing 'select all in segment' but I would guess you are seeing the standard right click menu - which means you are clicking on a segment that isn't a group clip i.e. ending in (G), or you've right clicked in the wrong place?

[Dave Edwards] "the buttons to the left of the timeline seem to lose highlighting for no reason obvious to me when I'm editing."

If you mean the 'smart tool' then maybe you have the timeline settings set so that 'clicking in TC track disables smart tool' or 'only one segment mode can be enabled at a time'? You can also have the individual smart tools assigned to keyboard shortcuts to enable / disable.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Jul 17, 2014 at 5:16:13 pm

[Dave Edwards] "Secondly, the buttons to the left of the timeline seem to lose highlighting for no reason obvious to me when I'm editing.
"

If you are referring to the track targeting buttons, then you can turn off Auto Patching in your preferences.

Return to posts index

Dave Edwards
on Jul 17, 2014 at 5:54:37 pm

Thank you both: I'll play with these ideas.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Jul 17, 2014 at 11:56:34 pm

Auto patching can make maddening choices sometimes. I've gotten frustrated and turned it off, only to find it was so inconvenient, that I put it back on and just lived with the occasional oddities.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]