FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unable to create a video only Subclip

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yaya Leone
Unable to create a video only Subclip
on Jul 9, 2014 at 3:48:35 pm

This has been driving me nuts all day: Working on Avid MC 5.5.3 on a Mac and trying to subclip just the video track of master clips that contain 1 video and 2 audio tracks.

Earlier today it was working fine as it did every other time I was doing it in the past, but suddenly every time I load a master clip in the source monitor, select in and out points, deselect the audio tracks from the source, and make a subclip - the subclip is created with all the tracks including the audio, even though they were not selected. What have I been doing wrong?

I've tried subclipping using alt+drag, just drag and by using the subclip button. Tried re-launching Avid, restart the machine and new user settings. Tried switching settings of the Composer window on and off, though nothing seems to work... I've tried toggling the Source/Record in the timeline and subclipping either way - Nada. When I subclip from the viewer however, it does work and only the selected tracks get subcliped, but that makes a sequence which isn't what I need as I'm trying to group multi cam clips with a single external audio.

Please help!

Yaya

Return to posts index

Yaya Leone
Re: Unable to create a video only Subclip
on Jul 9, 2014 at 4:29:57 pm

Update: Loading an audio only clip and selecting either one of the stereo channels before subclipping does work - I get only the tracks that were selected. So why doesn't it work with any of the video clips in the projects, even with ones that worked fine earlier? Very strange...

All the clips in the project are GoPro that came in as AMA and were transcoded to DNx36. They're all master clips, I've added Aux TC to some, but same behaviour occurs with clips that only have the original TC.

http://www.yayayaya.co.uk
@MrYayayaya

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]