FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP files to Avid?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Avi Lev
FCP files to Avid?
on Jul 9, 2014 at 1:31:23 pm

I've got about 30 hours Final Cut project files that I need to edit on Avid MC.
What is the best and easiest way to do it?
Thanks

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
Re: FCP files to Avid?
on Jul 9, 2014 at 2:28:39 pm

You can use Automatic Duck to export AAFs of your sequences from FCP to bring them into Avid. It will translate your sequences, but not your whole project. There really is no great way of translating all that work. If you can finish in FCP, that really would be the easiest way to preserve that work. If you need to cut in Avid, I'd use Automatic Duck to translate your sequences (Also giving an AE at least a couple of days to A/B match it because many effects will not come over and motion effects are usually problematic) and then reorganize the media from scratch in Avid.

http://automaticduck.com/products/

Richard Sanchez
Los Angeles, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

Robert Ober
on Jul 9, 2014 at 2:29:55 pm

http://www.automaticduck.com/products/pefcp/

Should get you close or even all the way:)

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Jul 11, 2014 at 2:15:13 pm

Are you saying you have 30 hours of Pro Res files you want to cut with in Avid, or are you saying this project has already been cut in Final cut, and you want to move the whole project over?

I'f its just prores, fast import into avid and go. If its sequences, than as others have said, automatic duck or Boris Transfer.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Avi Lev
on Jul 12, 2014 at 2:06:26 am

What I like to do is re-cut the project on Avid, and I want to move the whole project over.
If I understand it right, the Automatic Duck should be installed on the FCP.(?)

Return to posts index

Pat Horridge
on Jul 12, 2014 at 8:22:27 am

Automatic duck goes on FCP. Use that to send AAF to Avid. But that only brings sequences across.
All your source media needs to be ingested and Avid bins created to continue to cut.
Bring a guide track across as you may well have issues linking the sequence in Avid to the ingested media so you may have to over cut.
Also you need to consider and test the conform and finishing as that will determine how you ingest the footage. AMA linking is normally the best way. But you may then want or need to consolidate or transcode to make Avid managed media.

Pat Horridge
Technical Director, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor
VET
Production Editing Digital Media Design DVD
T +44 (0)20 7505 4701 | F +44 (0)20 7505 4800 | E pat@vet.co.uk |
http://www.vet.co.uk | Lux Building 2-4 Hoxton Square London N1 6US

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]