FORUMS: list search recent posts

clip comments missing in bins

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Helen Browning
clip comments missing in bins
on Jul 7, 2014 at 2:07:36 pm

I'm logging footage in media composer 8 and regularly saving my work. When I open up the project the next day a lot of the comments are gone. I can't determine any pattern as to why some bins retain all the comments and others lose half or all the comments...
Any help much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: clip comments missing in bins
on Jul 7, 2014 at 3:47:09 pm

Are there duplicate clips around, or are these always the one single master?

Michael

Return to posts index

Helen Browning
on Jul 8, 2014 at 1:23:20 am

Hi Michael, they are the single masters..used in sequences but not duplicated.

Return to posts index

Helen Browning
on Jul 8, 2014 at 10:38:25 am

Also, the 'save bin' option is not available, only 'save bin copy' which I tried but it won't let me while the bin is open...

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jul 8, 2014 at 1:41:57 pm

Are you in shared storage using shared project and bins? If not, does the drive have full read/write permissions for where the project/bin is being stored when working?

Michael

Return to posts index

Helen Browning
on Jul 8, 2014 at 2:08:31 pm

Hi Michael, many thanks for responding. I'm saving the project files to my iMac (not shared) and the media is on an external drive. I've done a verify then repair permissions on my drive in disk utility but it didn't help unfortunately.
What is working is putting a sequence in each bin (just a new sequence)...then the 'Save Bin' option becomes available and nothing seems to be disappearing. This is solving the problem for now but I have no idea why....do you know? thanks again, Helen

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jul 9, 2014 at 12:09:43 am

Aside from permissions, did you "get info" on the drive and check Sharing & Permissions in that window?

Maybe move the project temporarily to the external drive and open it form there and see if you can save bins. Or try a "save as" and save it to the external drive and if that works.

Michael

Return to posts index

Vicente Perez
on Nov 20, 2014 at 8:17:49 pm

I am having the same problem here. I have checked the permissions on my external drive, and it is READ/WRITE for all users (for the entire drive and every folder within).

There are two funny things:

-Sometimes the changes stick, but I could not find a pattern to it.
-If I leave the bins open with my notes and shut down Avid, when I launch Avid again, the bins are still open, but the notes are gone.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Vicente Perez
on Nov 20, 2014 at 8:30:14 pm
Last Edited By Vicente Perez on Nov 20, 2014 at 8:33:56 pm

And one more funny thing. As Helen mentioned, SAVE BIN is greyed out. But if I chose SAVE BIN COPY AS, the comments get saved (probably this is the reason why sometimes the changes did stick, as I mentioned earlier) for the original bin.

Return to posts index

Craig Hirshberg
on Feb 13, 2015 at 2:31:05 pm

I'm having the exact same problem as well. Recently upgraded system to a new iMac i7, Yosemite 10.10.1, Avid MC 8.3.0.

First time it happened was after a crash, but I had been saving religiously as I always do. Next time it happened was after a save and exit of the program. It is very random. Only some of the comments in a bin are lost, not the entire bin. And it doesn't even have to be the bin that is currently open (I keep mine in tabs).

Very frustrating, I hope Avid can fix this quickly.

Craig Hirshberg
Rock Creek productions, Inc.
http://www.rock-creek.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]