FORUMS: list search recent posts

Relinking project to backup drive problem (Alexa offline workflow)

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Audrey Coeckelberghs
Relinking project to backup drive problem (Alexa offline workflow)
on Jul 6, 2014 at 9:08:08 pm

Hi,

I'm a bit lost on this, hadn't been working with Avid for a while... I hope someone can help.

I'm currently preparing the rushes for a short movie shot with the Arri Alexa in ProRes 4444.
Here is my workflow : AMA link to the files, one bin per card; transcoding into DNxHD 120 (HD 1080p) and then synchronising with autosync.

My media drive has now crashed and i'm trying to batch import my transcoded files to be able to find my sync work back.
I select the transcoded (offline) files, clic "batch import", point to the backup ProRes media that goes with it, but the import doesn't work. Console message is : Cannot quick import a mixed resolution QuickTime movie.

The batch import works fine with the sound, though.
I'm currently working on the trial version of MC 8 but tomorrow I'll be back on 7.04 at the production place.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks (and sorry for my english!)

Audrey

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Relinking project to backup drive problem (Alexa offline workflow)
on Jul 7, 2014 at 12:28:01 pm

I have never seen that particular error message. I take it if you were to just import the file (not batch import) you do not get the same error?

Have you gotten any further on this since?

Michael

Return to posts index

Audrey Coeckelberghs
Re: Relinking project to backup drive problem (Alexa offline workflow)
on Jul 7, 2014 at 12:46:40 pm

Hi,

I wasn't doing things right : it's not possible to use batch import to get back media that were transcoded from AMA linked originals (which makes sense, as they weren't imported to begin with).
I re-transcoded the rushes in another project and then relinked my clips in the original project to the new transcode (same name and TC) with the settings on "Target".
It works through the whole project.

Hope this will be useful to someone,

Audrey

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]