FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recording Voice Over with Avid 6.5.4 and a Matrox Mini

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Angela Gardner
Recording Voice Over with Avid 6.5.4 and a Matrox Mini
on Jul 1, 2014 at 7:43:28 pm

Good afternoon,

My editor would like to record VO. We are using a simple XLR mic hooked up into a mixer that is connected via RCA into a Matrox Mini which is then connected to our Avid via HDMI which is running 6.5.4. In system preferences I am able to see the levels from the microphone. However I am unable to get any kind of level when I'm in Avid. When I say in Avid I mean when using the capture tool. I have tried to use the Punch In Tool, but again don't see levels, and the microphone records hiss. Also when I do try and capture/record I get a strange frame rate error even though the project and the Matrox are set to 1080 23.98.

We do have a USB mic and it works as long as the Matrox Mini is disabled, but my Editor doesn't want to stop down and disconnect in order to do VO.

I'm not sure what more troubleshooting I can do. I can get Audio into the system, just not into the Avid as long as the Matrox is hooked up. Is there a setting I don't know about?

Any help you could provide would be most welcome.

My editor is on MacPro 10.7.5
2x2.4 GHz 6 Core Intel Xeon
16 GB of Ram

Thanks in advance,
Angela

Return to posts index

grinner hester
Re: Recording Voice Over with Avid 6.5.4 and a Matrox Mini
on Jul 5, 2014 at 3:26:17 pm

If you can export the file to other programs and hear it/see it, you are problem in the wrong audio settings. 48k vs 44.1

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]