FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best ways to bring 25 fps AVCHD and MOV into a 24 fps project? + other transcoding questions

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nehemiah Stark
Best ways to bring 25 fps AVCHD and MOV into a 24 fps project? + other transcoding questions
on Jun 28, 2014 at 9:15:36 pm

Hi folks,

I've just now stepped into the Avid world because the organization that I work for uses it (all long-form doc work).

Also, I'm working on editing an independent project I'm working on that will be feature-length. It seemed like organizing this project would be a great accompaniment for learning Media Composer.

This doc I'm working on takes place in the Middle East, so there's a lot of 25 fps footage, but plenty of 24 fps as well. As I understand it, it's better to have the project be at 24 fps, because removing frames is better than adding.

I have a mix of C100 AVCHD files and ProRes 422 Standard MOVs from an Atomos Ninja. If someone could point me in the right direction as to the best way to bring this media in to work with, I'd be really grateful. I'm guessing some kind of conforming of the 25 fps media to 24 fps, and then a transcoding of everything to DNxPro HD (115, 175, 175x...?). Please be as detailed as possible.

Software I have:

Adobe Creative Cloud Suite. Avid Media Composer, Symphony, FilmScribe, etc., Cinema Tools, Compressor, Clip Wrap, MPEG Streamclip

I have a good machine but I'd like to prioritize fluidity over keeping storage requirements down.

I'm glad to join this community. Thanks for your contributions, all!

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
Re: Best ways to bring 25 fps AVCHD and MOV into a 24 fps project? + other transcoding questions
on Jun 28, 2014 at 11:01:37 pm

http://community.avid.com/forums/p/128480/734906.aspx#734906

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]