FORUMS: list search recent posts

perf slip errors only on mono audio tracks!?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan Colvin
perf slip errors only on mono audio tracks!?
on Jun 25, 2014 at 6:39:47 pm

I started my project with the film box selected, and I've been perf slipping all my sync'ed clips beautifully... until the audio got down to mono tracks. The production audio guy must have been down to nothing but the boom

They all work GREAT up to 32A_/1, you'll notice from then on the rest of the day production audio recorded just a mono track, the boom

When I perf slip on the sync clips that used these mono tracks, I get this error

I thought about re-importing those mono clips, but I'm not sure if any of these settings will help the situation...

My only other thought is to somehow "trick" the software, using other software to convert these mono tracks to poly tracks, just empty audio in the extra channels, then re-import! is that just ridiculous? or does this sound familiar to anyone?

This sucks! lol, next time I'm telling production audio to NEVER give me mono tracks, ever unless they want a boot to the ass

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
Re: perf slip errors only on mono audio tracks!?
on Jun 25, 2014 at 11:31:36 pm

What version of MC are you on?

Return to posts index

Bryan Colvin
on Jun 26, 2014 at 10:52:19 am

I'm on the newest monthly MC 8, I was previously on 7 and don't remember this issue, but i think i've always gotten poly tracks, this is my first run in with mono incoming audio

Mac Mini
8GBs RAM
2.4 dual core intel
Avid MC 8 (monthly)
OS X 10.9.1

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jun 26, 2014 at 12:42:03 pm

So you imported (not AMA linked) 1 track of a monophonic recording and you cannot perf slip? I will give this a shot on my v8 and see if I have the same issues.

Michael

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jun 26, 2014 at 1:07:16 pm

I just imported track 1 of an 8 track monophonic set of BWF files and was able to 1/4 frame per slip just fine. Make sure you are not in one of these situations when trying to perf slip:

http://24p.com/wordpress/?p=163

Michael

Return to posts index

Bryan Colvin
on Jun 26, 2014 at 9:13:08 pm

Can you try it with just a mono track? because I don't fall into any of those categories, thanks for sending though great info!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jun 26, 2014 at 9:19:16 pm

I did a single mono track in my test (track 1) and it worked fine. If you want to send me your file to try, I can do that. Send to michael[at]24p[dot]com

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]