FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD and SD footage

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Timothy Lydon
HD and SD footage
on Jun 23, 2014 at 3:52:18 pm

Hello everyone!

I just began going through the footage I have for a short video I am editing. I have SD (640x480) and HD footage. I have never worked with this before, could someone provide some guidance on how to begin?

Thank you!

Timothy

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: HD and SD footage
on Jun 23, 2014 at 5:15:34 pm

Create an SD project, AMA and transcode the SD footage in there. Then make a master HD project, and drag the bins over on the finder level...and import the HD footage into the HD bin.

Unless you want to use external conversion options to upconvert the SD footage first...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
on Jun 23, 2014 at 5:39:16 pm

Obviously not for everyone, but I've been very happy with playing out of an SD workstation using a Kona LX box using SDI into our HD station with the Kona III doing the up-converting. Would this hardware conversion, aside from being real-time, not be superior?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 23, 2014 at 5:55:23 pm

Yes, that is a hardware conversion, and yes, it's better than just using SD in an HD sequence.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Timothy Lydon
on Jun 26, 2014 at 1:09:53 am

Shane,

Thank you so much for responding. I created a master HD project and another SD project. I linked my SD videos and transcoded them using 1:1 MXF. However, I am not sure how to "drag the bins over on the finder level" I tried to import the bins from the SD project but was told "The file format is not supported for import"

Have you seen this before?

Thanks,

Timothy

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Jun 26, 2014 at 3:25:01 am

[Timothy Lydon] "However, I am not sure how to "drag the bins over on the finder level" I tried to import the bins from the SD project but was told "The file format is not supported for import"
"

You are making this out to be more complicated than it is. Literally all you need to do is go into the project folder of the SD project and drag the bins you want into the project folder of the HD project in the Finder....not within Avid. Avid does not need to be running to do this.

Return to posts index

Timothy Lydon
on Jul 1, 2014 at 6:33:33 pm

Yes, I was making it more complicated than I had to. Thank you very much for your patience :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]