FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recovering lost sequences

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Gilbert
Recovering lost sequences
on Jun 20, 2014 at 7:42:40 pm

I am relatively new to Avid (started learning this January) and decided to edit my most recent short film with Avid.

So the film I shot has multiple scenes, and I edited each scene in its own sequence in each scene’s folder. I was planning on exporting a rough cut, so I then moved all of the scenes into a new separate folder (I though it would be the easiest way to connect all of them). So I put scene 1 into the timeline and the audio is missing, (forgot to select all of the audio tracks) so I figured I’ll just delete this sequence and then grab the sequence again from scene 1’s folder. I didn’t realize that when I dragged it from its original folder it was the only copy- I just assumed it made a copy when I dragged it into the new folder, and I had already deleted the sequence.

I couldn’t find it in the trash or in anywhere or in finder, and out of panic and stupidity I decided to just pull out my drive with hopes that nothing would get corrupted knowing if I closed avid that it would automatically save. (The first scene was such a pain to edit, I did not want to have to go through it again)

So I rebooted avid, and I am now finding out that I am missing all of my sequences from each scene, only left now with the raw clips. Is there any way I can possibly recover any of them?!? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Recovering lost sequences
on Jun 20, 2014 at 7:52:23 pm

There is a thing called the "ATTIC" that stores copies of all your bins. It's default location on a Mac is:

Hard drive>USERS>SHARED>AvidMediaComposer>Avid Attic>PROJECT...and in there will be backups of the bins. COPY the ones you want from here into the project (on the finder level)...select the ones that were saved/created before you did all of your pulling from them.

And in the future...to copy something from one bin to another you hold the OPTION key, then click and drag.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Robert Gilbert
Re: Recovering lost sequences
on Jun 21, 2014 at 5:45:04 am

thank you so much! I appreciate it!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]