FORUMS: list search recent posts

Clip does not hold link between video and audio

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Sandler
Clip does not hold link between video and audio
on Jun 19, 2014 at 8:34:24 pm

Hi there-

I just brought a clip into my sequence that has audio and video married together. That being said, the video file and two mono files are not "linked" together in the timeline. They are each unique clips. Rest of the clips in my sequence are acting as they should. Not sure why this one clip refuses to stay linked. Any thought on whats happening with this? Is there a way to manually link them?

Thanks

Todd

Todd

MC8
OS 10.8.5
2 X 3.2 QuadCore
26GB RAM
QT 7.6.6
Blackmagic Intensity Pro

Return to posts index

Jeff Kay
Re: Clip does not hold link between video and audio
on Jun 23, 2014 at 1:06:26 pm

Is the Link Selection Toggle just not working? Alternatively could locking tracks solve this?

I also found this a bit odd at first (came from Premiere/FCP background), but I now actually prefer none of my video and audio to be linked.

Return to posts index

Todd Sandler
on Jun 23, 2014 at 1:39:06 pm

Thanks for the response, Jeff. The toggle switch works fine because the clips to the left are linked as well as the clips to the right. I had thought it might have been a frame rate issue as the individual clip was at 59.94 while the others were at 23.98/ However, I brought another 59.94 clip in and it linked just fine in the sequence. Its something about this clip that is wonky and not sure what it is since the others in its batch are fine.

Todd

MC8
OS 10.8.5
2 X 3.2 QuadCore
26GB RAM
QT 7.6.6
Blackmagic Intensity Pro

Return to posts index

Jeff Kay
on Jun 23, 2014 at 6:29:49 pm

That isn't exactly how the toggle works. With the toggle on, all clips are linked, with the toggle off, none of them are (or at least that is how it behaves with default settings).

Are the video and audio for that clip coming from different sources, such as synced audio or multicam? Without actually seeing the timeline all I can offer at this point is speculation. Though if its just one clip, it ultimately shouldn't cause much complication with the cut since you know how it is acting.

Return to posts index

Todd Sandler
on Jun 25, 2014 at 7:09:07 pm

I meant to say that the toggle works as it should but even with it on, the clip acts as if it is turned off.

A/V comes from same source.

I agree that although its one file, it shouldn't be too big of a deal. It's the not knowing why its acting like that I am more curious about. I can work around it, of course. Just trying to figure out the reasoning behind it

Todd

MC8
OS 10.8.5
2 X 3.2 QuadCore
26GB RAM
QT 7.6.6
Blackmagic Intensity Pro

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]