FORUMS: list search recent posts

Upgrade advice needed

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Breuer
Upgrade advice needed
on Jun 19, 2014 at 7:14:49 pm

I've been cutting two large indie feature docs on my Symphony 6.0.4 (Early 2009 2x2.26 GZ Quad-Core Intel Xeon MAC 10.8.5 with 32 GB Ram, GeoForce GT 120 512MB).

They are both huge projects that have been shot on everything under the sun and been ongoing for the last several years. One for th last 6 years.

Both are in the end stages now but on one of them I may need to upgrade my system so that I can pass bins back and forth to the producer in NY. I'm thinking about upgrading my existing system to an iMac based system to match what they would get in NYC.

I need advice on whether it is lunacy to upgrade anything in mid-project or whether it would work at all.

I would uprade to a tricked out iMac running Mavericks, 32 gig ram, 3 TB Fusion drive and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4GB GDDR5. I would get Avid Symphony Pre 6.5 Upgrade to MC 7 Interplay Edition with Symphony Option from B&H.

Has anybody upgraded like this in mid-project? I'm assuming that my system is too old to duplicate. Any gotchas, fiascos, corrupt projects and/or lost sleep?

TIA,

Tony

Tony Breuer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]