FORUMS: list search recent posts

LUT from Resolve into MC issue

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Hudson
LUT from Resolve into MC issue
on Jun 19, 2014 at 1:38:32 pm

Is there a trick to getting a LUT from Resolve to the AVID?
Issue is this:
Look is set in resolve on set
C300 footage files sent to edit suite and a LUT file .cube is sent along
Ingest the footage to MC and use Source Setting to apply the delivered LUT.
(have inported other LUTs jwith no issue) the image gets all wonky, extreme posterization is best description

Are we not saving out of resolve correctly??

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: LUT from Resolve into MC issue
on Jun 19, 2014 at 2:07:22 pm

Does the same thing happen with non-C300 footage when you apply the same LUT? .cube is the one to use and I do this all the time, but not with Canon footage, so I cannot speak to this particular situation.

Michael

Return to posts index

David Hudson
on Jun 19, 2014 at 2:17:58 pm

Happens to any footage

Return to posts index

David Hudson
on Jun 19, 2014 at 2:21:32 pm

Are you making a look in Resolve and then exporting the LUT and appling to footage in AVID?
If so what are your steps?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jun 19, 2014 at 2:52:28 pm

In the timeline, on any of the clips/events that I have colored, I right-click and export a 3D LUT. This defaults to a .cube. I then import that via the color settings and that is now part of the color transform menu selection.

Are you sure there aren't multiple transforms being applied? That can happen sometimes when MC want to "auto-apply" transforms if it sees something in the metadata fields. Bring up the Color Transform column in the bin and see what it being applied. If more than one transform, the order of the transforms can radially change the way an image is being processed and that can be changed in the source settings/color transform window by dragging and dropping the "LUT".

I did a webinar for Moviola that covers a lot of this and be seen here (for a rental fee): http://moviola.com/webinars/4k-with-avid-blackmagic-design/

If you want to send me your LUT I can import it and see if I am seeing the same artifacting you are on my footage.

michael[at]24p[dot]com

Michael

Return to posts index

Aaron Sena
on May 10, 2017 at 11:56:35 pm

I'm having the same problem utilizing MC 8.3.1 and Resolve 11.31. Any update on the solution?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]