FORUMS: list search recent posts

Number of Bins in a project file

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Kay
Number of Bins in a project file
on Jun 16, 2014 at 8:32:10 pm

I ask this because I made changed some setting with the attic a while back after realizing that it was causing major performance issues.

While open bins do take up resources, am I correct in thought that just the raw number of bin (unopened) in a project will not decrease MC performance? I'm currently working with an ongoing show and the number of seasons and bins are only going to increase. I would just like to know ahead of time if there are any performance issues that can arise from having too many (unopened) bins.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Number of Bins in a project file
on Jun 16, 2014 at 9:13:08 pm

I have seen projects with over 5,000 bins work just fine while only keeping pertinent ones open. Also keep in mind that lots of different sequences in a single open bin can add up as well.

Michael

Return to posts index

Jeff Kay
Re: Number of Bins in a project file
on Jun 16, 2014 at 9:33:34 pm

Good to hear. That's what I thought was the case, but after mistakingly increasing the number of saves in the attic and the massive slowdown it later caused, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something ugly that was developing.

I've noticed the thing with the sequences before, but hasn't been an issue with the normal workflow and organization (part of the reason I have as many bins as I currently do).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]