FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVID Transcode Error Message! Need assistance asap please!

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ellesse Tonkin
AVID Transcode Error Message! Need assistance asap please!
on Jun 9, 2014 at 4:12:36 pm

Hi everyone, I've been searching and have had no luck! I'm trying to transcode some AMA linked Blackmagic footage in to Avid DNxHD, but every time I do I get this message...

Exception: NEMFileWriter::ExecuteInternal TIMEOUT - NEMFileWriter has detected upstream pipe stall...

I've tried moving files in the MXF folders, I've tried moving it to my internal hard drive... help!!

Thanks guys!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: AVID Transcode Error Message! Need assistance asap please!
on Jun 9, 2014 at 6:09:34 pm

It looks like a stall on the decode side of things. Did you record ProRes or DNxHD on the BMD camera? Do all the clips behave this way, or just some of them? Are you linking directly to the camera? If so, what is that drive formatted as? Do the files play in their entirety with MoviePlayer?

And the usual questions, what platform, OS, version of MC and QT.

Michael

Return to posts index

Michael Cheung
on Jun 10, 2014 at 8:46:56 am

I've been using Resolve Lite to create dailies for the Avid from the Black Magic camera. It works really well and doesn't tie up the Avid.

I not sure if you can relink AMA master clips to transcoded clips from Resolve assuming the Source File / Reel fields are consistent. A question for someone with more AMA experience (Michael Phillips!)

Michael

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jun 10, 2014 at 12:31:54 pm

You can go back and forth with transcoded offline, AMA online, or AMA offline and Resolve online etc, as long as you keep REEL ID consistent. I've seen cases where there has been no REEL ID applied which is the worst! As a default position, in Resolve (added in v10) is the ability to use filename as REEL ID. That is the best starting position for an MC workflow.

Michael

Return to posts index

Michael Cheung
on Jun 10, 2014 at 2:34:02 pm

Thanks Michael, knew you would know! ;)

I think then Ellesse should check the Reel ID in your master clips in the Avid. Then replicate that in Resolve so that when you come to relink to the new resolve rendered MXF you don't run into any problems. In Project Settings > Master Project Settings and then conform options section, I use */%R_* in the Pattern box but you'll need to modify depending on your Reel names.

Michael Cheung
http://filmcutter.blogspot.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]