FORUMS: list search recent posts

Add an additional clip to a group clip

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Sandler
Add an additional clip to a group clip
on Jun 5, 2014 at 1:29:16 pm

Hi there-

If I have a group clip consisting of 2 camera angles, is there a way to add a third angle without recreating a separate group clip?

Additionally, if one of those angles are being linked via AMA, is there a way to relink that AMA angle to the transcoded master clip version once all the selects have been made?

Appreciate your assistance in advance.

Todd

MC8
OS 10.8.5
2 X 3.2 QuadCore
26GB RAM
QT 7.6.6
Blackmagic Intensity Pro

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Add an additional clip to a group clip
on Jun 5, 2014 at 3:30:56 pm

You can't add a new angle to an already existing group clip in Avid. Hopefully, this feature will be added. Avid group clips are rock solid and have been for a long time, while other NLEs have struggled to get multicam working at all...but they have now fallen behind the competiton as far as features are concerned.

Return to posts index

Todd Sandler
on Jun 5, 2014 at 3:35:46 pm

Thanks, John.

The reason I did it this way was that I didn't want to wait for the transcode to begin working on my edit so I grouped an AMA file into my bin. The hope was to swap it out once I finished the transcoding. Being that isn't possible, do you have any recommendations on achieving a similar solution so I dont have to continue working wiht an AMA in my group clip? I haven't had the best of luck using AMA as a long term editing solution.

Todd

MC8
OS 10.8.5
2 X 3.2 QuadCore
26GB RAM
QT 7.6.6
Blackmagic Intensity Pro

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Jun 5, 2014 at 7:39:28 pm

If you relink the master clip to the transcoded file, using the relink dialog, does the group clip update and link to it as well?

Return to posts index

Todd Sandler
on Jun 6, 2014 at 6:09:21 pm

I relinked the transcoded file to my "selects" sequence in the bin. This sequence had the AMA'd group clip in the timeline and the AMA relinked to the transcoded file without a problem. Thanks for your assistance.

Todd

MC8
OS 10.8.5
2 X 3.2 QuadCore
26GB RAM
QT 7.6.6
Blackmagic Intensity Pro

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]