FORUMS: list search recent posts

BCC Film Glow won't render

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Anderson
BCC Film Glow won't render
on May 29, 2014 at 2:40:59 am

On Symphony 7.0.2: I'm using BCC Film Glow on some DNxHD 175 footage that has Symphony color correction on it. On some clips it renders and plays back fine, but other clips it just plays black after rendering. It seems to go through normal rendering process but in the end, the blue dot is still on the clip and the clip plays black.

1. I've tried putting the glow on first, then the color correction. (this takes much longer to render and still plays black).
2. I've also tried rendering to a different hard drive.
3. Re-start Symphony.
4. Re-start system.
5. Re-build databases.
6. Video mixdown works fine, but is not practical on this project
7. Exported files have the effect and look fine. (I just need it to render and play).

Any ideas? Thanks,
Rob

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: BCC Film Glow won't render
on May 29, 2014 at 2:52:46 am

Try rendering the color correction first, then apply the filter, then render again.

Return to posts index

Rob Anderson
on May 29, 2014 at 3:00:30 pm

Thanks for this suggestion. Didn't work for me though... Any other ideas? Certain clips in this sequence will render with the exact same color correction and glow effect applied. Other clips won't.

Return to posts index

Santiago Escudero
on May 29, 2014 at 7:19:25 pm

I have ver problems with 7.0.2 and render effects using Avid FX. I think is this version of MC or Symphoni. Try to update to 7.0.3 or 7.0.4 (newest). I think that two version are better and more stable.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]