FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid to Resolve clips coming in with stutter

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jennifer Bubel
Avid to Resolve clips coming in with stutter
on May 28, 2014 at 7:48:40 pm

So I am exporting an AAF from Avid using Consolidate and Transcode in order to bring it into Davinci Resolve. The clips are all transcoded to DNX HD 145.
I have had the same problem with 3 different shows. All clips except about 2-5 of them will come into Resolve without a problem. But there are a few clips every time that come into Resolve with a stutter/black flashing. I can't figure out a connection except that they are all CanonFX clips, but most everything in the show is CFX and the rest of it is fine. The only way I've been able to successfully get the problem clips into Resolve is to do a video mixdown in Avid and then send them to Resolve that way. However, I'd like to solve the problem BEFORE it gets to Resolve, but I have no way of knowing which clips will give me problems until it's brought into Resolve. The transcoded clips all look fine in Avid. It isn't until they're brought into Resolve that I see the problem.

Has anyone seen this problem before/have a better solution or way to avoid this happening?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Avid to Resolve clips coming in with stutter
on May 28, 2014 at 8:25:18 pm

Is it a stutter due to playback, or there is motion stutter baked into the frames themselves? Remember that Media Composer's source/record viewers only show 1/4 frame (or 1 field if in interlace), so what may look fine there, is not representative of the material itself. As a quick test, once you've identified a problem segment, export that section as sequential frames like JPEG and see if the stutter is in the media itself.

Michael

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on May 29, 2014 at 1:48:19 pm

can you test the camera original clip inside resolve?

Glenn

Return to posts index

Jennifer Bubel
on Jun 5, 2014 at 3:34:32 pm

I tried exporting out as a sequence and bringing the original clip into Resolve. They both came out without a problem. However, I think it might be a spanned clip problem. That would explain why, after the Cons/Transcode, parts of that same clip come into Resolve looking normal, but then other parts come in with the shaky/stuttering issue. But how would I fix it if that is the cause??

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]