FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't specify drop frame for .wav file in MC 5.5?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Evan Williams
Can't specify drop frame for .wav file in MC 5.5?
on May 27, 2014 at 7:02:27 pm

I'm trying to import the audio stems for a show that we deliver on HDCAM SR and I'm, mainly for my own curiosity, attempting to lay them all on the timeline in Avid (MC 5.5 on Windows 7) and try to export a QT file with all the tracks. I know that I'll have to export a reference file and then try something else from there (Sorensen or QT Pro), but I'm having an issue with one of the files I'm importing.

The show is drop frame and one, and only one, of the audio stem files is giving me problems importing as drop frame. It's the 5.1 mix, so six channels of audio, and when I import it I'm not given the option to specify frame rate or drop/non-drop and it comes in 1 second and 11 frames short of the other audio tracks, all of which allow me to select the options needed.

When I put it on the timeline it appears that the lip sync is okay, but it's still short 1;11 from the other audio stems and I am at a loss as to why it won't give me the option to specify drop frame.

Has anyone run across this before? I know I can't specify drop/non-drop when I import an MP3 version of our temp mix for the show, why I'm now now using .wav files for the temp mixes, but this file I'm trying to import is a .wav and I'm wondering if it's just the number of tracks in one single file that's causing Avid to have an issue with it?

I dunno, but any thoughts or tips or whatnot would be very helpful.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]