FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVID Same as source output changing codec?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
george mandl
AVID Same as source output changing codec?
on May 22, 2014 at 4:04:59 pm

I'm outputting from AVID MC 6.5 on a MAC, OSX 10.7.5. My project/media settings are DNxHD 36. I've noticed that when I add a 1:85 matte (the standard one in the effects panel), and output a Same as Source quicktime, the file generated is way too large and appears to be DNxHD 175 (roughly 120gb for a 20 min sequence). Everything in my media creation tool is set to the 36 resolution. The workaround has been to do a video mixdown before the export, but I'm wondering if anyone has seen this, and knows of a fix that doesn't involve mixing down, which seems like an unnecessary step to do a same as source export. I must be missing a setting somewhere for the matte. Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
Re: AVID Same as source output changing codec?
on May 22, 2014 at 6:29:42 pm

This indicate that somewhere in your sequence, there is a small piece of DNxHD175, maybe a title or a render, even on a lower track. I've had this in the past, and found MC always exports to the highest codec in the sequence.

You can try and hunt down the DNxHD175 clip by opening the bin, choose Bin->Set Bin Display and choose "reference clips". This will show all clips used in the sequence.

Or you can open the Media Tool, search for precomputes and delete (or hide) any media that is DNxHD175.

Return to posts index

george mandl
Re: AVID Same as source output changing codec?
on May 30, 2014 at 10:40:35 pm

This is great advice. Thank you very much!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]