FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid 6.5 Project Relinks to Original Source Media - From DnxHD to Quicktime... Possible?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Wright
Avid 6.5 Project Relinks to Original Source Media - From DnxHD to Quicktime... Possible?
on May 21, 2014 at 7:46:53 pm

Hello People, this is my first post here, after scouring the net for an hour i cannot seem to find a simple answer that says yes or no, so let me briefly explain.

I'm on a Mac Pro 12 Core machine with fiber connectivity to an Avid Unity running Avid 6.5.2, currently, we have a feature film which was shot on an Arri so the original media is stored on a network drive (quicktimes) as a backup.

The feature was edited on avid with all the media trans coded to dnxhd on the avid unity, today my boss came in and asked me if i could figure out how to take the avid project bin files and relink them to the original arri media on the network drive (not the avid unity)..

i am quite new to avid as i have been using final cut for over 8 years, this seems like a daunting tasks after attempting to figure it out on my own i figured i would come ask the experts, my boss said if i can figure how to relink the projects bins to the original media (the arri clips) then he could have me start "conforming" the feature.

please help, he is aware i don't know how to do this and asked me to do some research but i have spent the last hour or two and i guess i don't know where to start because I've never done something like this before.

thanks guys in advance for your kind help.

- mike

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Avid 6.5 Project Relinks to Original Source Media - From DnxHD to Quicktime... Possible?
on May 21, 2014 at 8:31:06 pm

Does Media Composer see the network drive to start with? If not, enter "alldrives" into the console and then hit the enter key.

Were the DNxHD proxies transcoded from the network drive location to start with, or has the drive name and path changed? The answer to that will allow part 2 of the process to be explained.

Michael

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Avid 6.5 Project Relinks to Original Source Media - From DnxHD to Quicktime... Possible?
on May 21, 2014 at 8:50:07 pm

HOW were they transcoded? Imported? AMA? Resolve?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Wright
on May 21, 2014 at 10:16:47 pm

they were transcoded from another facility and we received the mxf's and placed them on the unity and began working, shortly after we received drives with the original arri quick time mov's on them.

Return to posts index

Michael Wright
on May 21, 2014 at 10:15:36 pm

The files were transcoded at another post facility, so now we have the original arri quicktime movs on a network drive, the mxf media on the avid unity, my boss would like me to relink the bins/sequences to the arri quicktime movs on the network drive.

so yes the file name may have changed and the path has definitely changed.

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say both changed.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on May 22, 2014 at 12:44:27 am

Can you do one more check for me? On your proxy files, add columns "TAPE" and SOURCE FILE" and tell me what is in either one.

Thanks -

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]