FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best practice for Avid reconform

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Walter Stabb
Best practice for Avid reconform
on May 16, 2014 at 6:36:51 pm

Hi,
I am relatively new to Avid. I have a project that needs to be reconformed. The majority of the media currently linked to the final timeline is DNXHD36 low res versions of my media. These files were fast imported into my project. The original files are H264 files from DSLR's and some ProRes 442 files from a black magic camera. What is the best process for relinking the clips on my timeline to the master files rather than to the files used for the offline edit? Do I need to import my master files into the project so that a high res mxf version is created in an Avid database or can I use AMA linking to point to the files? I am working in MC 7. Any guidance much appreciated.

Once my sequence is at full res I will be exporting a ProRes 4444 for the colourist to work with.

Thanks,

Walter

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Best practice for Avid reconform
on May 16, 2014 at 7:45:07 pm

[Walter Stabb] "What is the best process for relinking the clips on my timeline to the master files rather than to the files used for the offline edit?"

The best method would be to not do what you did. FAST IMPORT is not the way to go about this if you want to relink to the camera originals. For this you need to AMA to access the footage, and then TRANSCODE that footage to DNx36. Then you can RELINK TO AMA and the cut will relink to the original footage. Then you can transcode to what you need.

But you didn't do that...you FAST IMPORTED. There is no way to relink to those masters...you can only BATCH IMPORT at a higher DNxHD resolution, or ProRes resolution.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Walter Stabb
Re: Best practice for Avid reconform
on May 16, 2014 at 7:57:54 pm

Thanks for you quick response Shane. I will look into the Batch Import process in Avid. Any top tips or steers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]