FORUMS: list search recent posts

Subscription

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Davis
Subscription
on May 15, 2014 at 8:54:18 pm
Last Edited By Scott Davis on May 15, 2014 at 9:03:27 pm

Has anyone successfully done the new subscription plan yet? I am in an endless loop in the checkout phase and can not successfully complete the transaction. When I add the monthly MC subscription to my cart and click on "checkout" it takes me to a billing address form. I fill that out and click on "continue" which then takes me back to the cart. Endless loop and there is no one in customer service to contact. This does not bode well at all.

Scott Davis
View Scott Davis's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Subscription
on May 15, 2014 at 9:54:23 pm
Last Edited By Shane Ross on May 15, 2014 at 9:55:19 pm

DELETED DUE TO MISTAKING THE FORUM I WAS POSTING IT IN...

I'm in too many forums.

Return to posts index

Scott Davis
on May 15, 2014 at 10:23:36 pm

Well, it finally worked. The whole experience was one of the worst online experiences I have had in a while. It felt like 1997. Compared to the Adobe subscription experience I would give Avid's efforts as a solid F.

Scott Davis

Return to posts index

Ken Machacek
on May 16, 2014 at 4:40:12 pm

I also did the subscription, too... How'd you get the Dolby AC3 license to be activated? Also, despite installing the NewBlue Titler Pro v2" application, it doesn't appear in my "Avid Application Manager" as installed... It only gives me the option to download it. (I would think that the Application Manager should see it as installed and check for updates, just like Media Composer and Sorenson Squeeze - both of which appear as installed and up to date.) I should note that I'm running on Mac OS 10.9.3.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Scott Davis
on May 16, 2014 at 6:36:15 pm

Ken, It was such a PIA to get MC purchased and activated that I haven't bothered with the Dolby License or Blue Titler. I agree that the Application Manager should take care of this.

Scott Davis

Return to posts index

Ken Machacek
on May 16, 2014 at 6:41:41 pm

I agree 100%. I've got Media Composer, Symphony, and Sorenson Lite up and activated. I'm totally stumped if NewBlue Titler Pro v2 is even installed/activated, and I have NO clue how to activate Dolby AC3.

I was actually pretty excited that Avid was doing an Application Manager like Adobe Creative Cloud... But clearly it's limited in its functionality, buggy, and it doesn't even allow you to install programs through the Application Manager itself (unlike Creative Cloud)... When you click on "Install," it opens your web browser and takes you to a site to download the app.

Seriously, Avid. This kind of **** is why people are moving to Premiere.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]