FORUMS: list search recent posts

Changing interlaced to progressive in aaf file

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Möring
Changing interlaced to progressive in aaf file
on May 10, 2014 at 1:35:46 pm

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and I hope I'm in the right area for my question.

Since I'm working as a colorist on a project I shot recently I'm not really familiar with the architecture and functions of Avid.

Here's my problem:
I received an AAF File and a Folder with the Avid MediaFiles. These are consolidated in the AAF. I imported them into Davinci Resolve and it worked like a charm(Much easier than coming from premiere or final cut)
The problem is that there is some interlaced footage in the project. I can see these typical interlaced lines.

So I took the AAF File into Avid and looked at how Avid sees the files and they are all 1080i/50.

I took a look at the source files that I backupped after shooting the project and they are not interlaced. Only a mix of 25p and 50p. This is because of shooting higher framerates with the fs700.

I would love to have an AAF with the same edit but with progressive footage instead of interlaced.
Is there a possibility to do that, even though I don't have the original Avid Project?

Here is what I'm working with:
-AAF File of the project but with wrongly interpreted footage
-Avid MediaFile Folder with the consolidated footage
-The footage that was originally backupped from cards(It has been renamed before it went into Avid)
-Footage was shot in 25p and 50p on a Sony Fs700 using the internal AVCHD Codec
-I have access to Avid Media Composer 6.5.0

Your help is much appreciated. Thank you!

Return to posts index

Pat Horridge
Re: Changing interlaced to progressive in aaf file
on May 11, 2014 at 8:12:18 am

Create a new Avid project. Set it to 25P
Ingest the AAF and ensure its linked to the media. Use sequwnce refresh to update the sequence.
Use set bin display, show reference clips to ensure the source clips have the correct properties. If not modify and refresh the sequence again. When done re export the AAF.

Only odd thing is that true P foorage flagged as i shouldn't gain interlacing artefacts. ...

Pat Horridge
Technical Director, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor
VET
Production Editing Digital Media Design DVD
T +44 (0)20 7505 4701 | F +44 (0)20 7505 4800 | E pat@vet.co.uk |
http://www.vet.co.uk | Lux Building 2-4 Hoxton Square London N1 6US

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]