FORUMS: list search recent posts

Titles

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keaton Douglas
Titles
on May 9, 2014 at 7:46:23 pm
Last Edited By Keaton Douglas on May 9, 2014 at 8:06:14 pm

I'm trying to find the best way to subtitle our film.

As far as I understand,
- The only built-in options for putting titles into Avid are Title Tool, Marquee, and Subcap effect.
- Title Tool & Marquee to do not allow you to make sweeping changes in formatting. (i.e. to change the font/size/positioning of my titles using Title Tool and Marquee I'd have to go to each title one by one and change them individually)

Is this correct?

What is the standard workflow for subtitling an entire film in Avid?

Currently, my clunky workflow, is to take one of the Subcap clips I've already created and copy/paste it elsewhere on the timeline, then open the Effect Editor for that clip and modify the text under "Caption Text". Unfortunately, the "Caption Text" box has some sort of ridiculous bug where when you type the software enters the text slowly and out-of-order. Unless I pluck out my text very slowly, it's impossible to type in this box, so I'm forced to type the text in a separate TextEdit document and copy/paste the text in here.

Using this workflow I'm able to make sweeping changes in formatting to all of the titles in my film.

Is this a crazy way to be doing this?
Am I overlooking something?
I wont, for instance, lose all of this formatting information when I move my project to another system, right?

Additional questions about Subcap
- once I lay out all of my Subcap titles in the timeline, is there a way to export this timecode information to an STL file format that could be imported back into Subcap later?
- is there a way to bold the Subcap text

Any advice on subtitling would be helpful.

Thanks
K

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Titles
on May 9, 2014 at 11:43:46 pm

I used SubCap to subtitle my film. Although it doesn't have the best quality, it passes. You can export out as EBU-N19 and DS Caption. I use the master caption window rather than the individual text entry box.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]