FORUMS: list search recent posts

subclips and match-frame drama

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kathryn Cates
subclips and match-frame drama
on May 8, 2014 at 3:20:38 pm

Hello all,

I'm noticing something weird on a long-form project I'm working on. Here's the basic workflow: lab creates MXF media (called something like A025_90_1.mxf for the video, and audio called something like A025_90_1_A001.mxf, etc.) and master clips (called something like 90-1). I create subclips of just V1 and A1, which are also called 90-1.

Weeks later, I notice that on a few of my subclips, the match frame button results in a match back, not to the master clip called 90-1 with a video track and several audio tracks, but to a different master clip called A025_90_1 that has no audio tracks associated with it. This master clip appears to be identical to my original master clip otherwise. This audio-less master clip does not exist in a bin and cannot be found in the project. Sequences that use the subclip match back to the subclip just fine - I just can't then match back to the original master clip.

The problem affects few enough of my clips that I couldn't say whether the problem just appeared at some point or has been present since the beginning of the project, but I am trying to understand a) what's happening and why, and b) what the sensible way to fix it might be, as many of the subclips have already been used and I'd like to re-establish the links to the real master clips.

Working on MC 5.5.3.5 on Unity. Many thanks for any advice!

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
Re: subclips and match-frame drama
on May 8, 2014 at 7:09:44 pm

Wherever matchframe takes you, that's where the sequence has been constructed from.

Return to posts index

Kathryn Cates
on May 8, 2014 at 8:08:14 pm

So at the risk of sounding ignorant, how did we manage to create a subclip from a master clip that doesn't seem to exist?

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
on May 9, 2014 at 6:38:14 am

Could it have been a sync clip rather than a subclip?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]