FORUMS: list search recent posts

Auto Spot Audio in Media Composer

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Hain
Auto Spot Audio in Media Composer
on May 6, 2014 at 10:48:39 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a way to batch spot multiple audio files onto the timeline according to their original (BWAV) timestamp. I had preferred to this in Pro Tools, but Pro Tools only allows spotting of one file at a time. Basically, I want to batch spot a few hundred files so they are on the timeline according to their timestamp then export an omf/aaf for use in Pro Tools.
We also have FCP 7 here, which I have not tried yet but if there is a way, I could go that route as well.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Auto Spot Audio in Media Composer
on May 7, 2014 at 12:25:08 am

You can select them all in a bin, then use Autosequence to automatically arrange them in a sequence at the appropriate timecode.

Return to posts index

Adam Hain
Re: Auto Spot Audio in Media Composer
on May 7, 2014 at 6:26:00 pm

Thanks John, that seems to work well. I do have another question though. Avid seems to ignore audio with the same start and end times.

For example, we have ADR takes recorded on both a boom and a lav, named differently but with the same start and end times. Using autosequence, Avid seems to bring in only one set. It does bring in clips with the same start times only and puts them on separate tracks.

Is there a way to change this behavior so that all audio selected in the bin is brought over to the timeline?

Thanks again,

Adam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]