FORUMS: list search recent posts

Replace Shot in Group

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tag Simler
Replace Shot in Group
on May 6, 2014 at 4:51:59 pm

Hi all,

I searched and found a thread from way back in 2007. I'm hoping maybe they added a fix since then. Is there a way to replace a shot in a group? I have two shots, each from a different camera, grouped together. I must've done something wrong and my main camera shot is still AMA linked in the group. I transcoded to Avid DNX at the start of the project but I guess I didn't group the right one. My project is done now and I want to export my timeline into an aaf for archiving. Any help on what would be the best procedure to get this done would be extremely helpful. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
Re: Replace Shot in Group
on May 6, 2014 at 5:10:50 pm

What you might try, is move the group into it's own bin to isolate it. In the bin hamburger menu go to "Set Bin Display" and turn on "Reference Clips". Find the AMA clip and try relinking it to the MXF media. Don't relink to the group itself. Relink to the reference master clip.

Richard Sanchez
Los Angeles, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

Tag Simler
on May 6, 2014 at 5:26:40 pm

Thanks! That's a great solution. Still having a little trouble linking a few clips that don't want to cooperate though. Trying to figure out why they're not wanting to relink. I appreciate your help.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on May 6, 2014 at 9:04:29 pm

I have found relinking group clips is more miss than hit. Once a group clip is made, there is no ability to add, remove, slip, etc.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]