FORUMS: list search recent posts

avid error AMA failed changing the clips to the desired quality prior to consolidate. Consolidate aborted.

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Edo Brizio
avid error AMA failed changing the clips to the desired quality prior to consolidate. Consolidate aborted.
on Apr 29, 2014 at 6:38:33 pm

I'm on Avid 7.0.3 and in order to export an AAF I'm transcoding to DNXHX and I get this error:
Any recommendations?
I isolated the AMA clips in a bin and tried everything possible ...
I did this in the past and it worked.
thanks
Edo

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: avid error AMA failed changing the clips to the desired quality prior to consolidate. Consolidate aborted.
on Apr 29, 2014 at 8:33:15 pm

Are you doing an embedded AAF or a "link to" AAF? I make AAF "link to" all the time with a mix of codecs and there is no need to consolidation or transcode. Just as a test, if you are doing "link to", try checking the "AAF Protocol" to be active and try again.

Michael

Return to posts index

Edo Brizio
Re: avid error AMA failed changing the clips to the desired quality prior to consolidate. Consolidate aborted.
on Apr 29, 2014 at 8:56:17 pm

It's a AMA issue, I need to transcode to DNX HD to export any AAFs.
I fixed the 6 clips that were causing problems narrowing down the sequence AMA relinking those files, is now transcoding, hope wil get to the end)
Thanks

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Apr 29, 2014 at 8:59:40 pm

If you use AAF "Edit Protocol" with 6.5 and earlier there was no need to transcode to export an AAF. In v7 I don't need to transcode to create full version of AAF as long as it's a "link to" and not embedded. Not sure why you need to transcode.

Michael

Return to posts index

Edo Brizio
on Apr 29, 2014 at 9:10:54 pm

AMA linked files require to transcode prior to export an AAF …that's the message I get from Avid even with the link to selected.

Return to posts index

Will Scothern
on Nov 1, 2014 at 4:46:03 pm

Did you get a solution in the end? I'm having the same problem currently and can't find a way around it.

I'm thinking I may just have to consolidate the reference media as a whole to get it to work, or do a straight transcode.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]