FORUMS: list search recent posts

Troubles with Import and FPS

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Duncan Tweed
Troubles with Import and FPS
on Apr 29, 2014 at 11:20:29 am

Hi everyone,

I'm rather new to AVID and video editing as a whole and have been struggling to fix a problem that I have encountered with the GoPro footage I am trying to put together.

Essentially I have a ton of footage that I have gathered that is shot in a multitude of different frame rates, some of it is shot at 30FPS, 60FPS and 120FPS.

The project I have created is set to 23.97FPS and this is where my problems begin.

Whenever I import footage into the project a large portion of it appears to be lost during the trans-coding. Anything shot at 60FPS appears at 23.97 however it isn't slowed down at all, rather a bunch of frames appear to have gone missing.

I would like to import my footage such that it plays at 23.97 FPS, and is therefore natively in slow motion unless I choose to speed it up.

Is there a simple way to import this footage without having to encode it outside of AVID? If not, what should I be using to achieve what I want?

Thank you for your time..

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Troubles with Import and FPS
on Apr 29, 2014 at 3:09:10 pm

First off...read this. The Avid workflow is the first on the list:

http://lfhd.net/2014/02/09/gopro-hero-workflow-for-various-nles/

If you want slow motion...you need to AMA the footage, bring it in native. Slow it on the timeline using TimeWarp...and then mixdown that footage. Or use the GoPro Studio to convert the footage to Cineform, changing the frame rate...and then import. I go into detail on the above link.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Duncan Tweed
on Apr 30, 2014 at 2:48:09 am

Awesome post shane. Thank you for taking your time to reply and thank you even more for taking the time to assemble the workflow guide you linked.

When using GoPros own software to change the codec and playback speed is there any losses in image quality?

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Apr 30, 2014 at 1:24:50 pm

[Duncan Tweed] "When using GoPros own software to change the codec and playback speed is there any losses in image quality?"

No

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]