FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trouble exporting with Avid.

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Wasson
Trouble exporting with Avid.
on Apr 28, 2014 at 3:12:41 am

Hello all, I'm new to Avid and I'm having difficulty exporting. Anytime i use basic qt settings i'm not able to play the video. I've tried animation setting and the file got large. If i use h.264 and it looks grainy. Any tips.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Trouble exporting with Avid.
on Apr 28, 2014 at 11:23:35 am

Compressing for streaming is an art form to strike the perfect balance of size versus quality. I would start by saying that using direct QuickTime export out of Media Composer is not the best solution. I would suggest mixdown/render/tanscode everything to DNxHD in your timeline and export as a QuickTime reference out of Media Composer and use the supplied Sorenson Squeeze that comes with Media Composer or even MPEG Streamclip does a better job than direct export out.

Michael

Return to posts index

William Wasson
on Apr 28, 2014 at 1:42:02 pm

Ok do I export qt reference or sorenson squeeze?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Apr 28, 2014 at 1:57:24 pm

I think there may be presets for exporting to Sorenson, I have never used them. I just go with creating a QT reference and opening that file up in either Sorenson, MPEGstramclip, Adobe Media Encoder, FCPx, or whatever weapon of choice for creating your streaming deliverables.

Michael

Return to posts index

William Wasson
on Apr 28, 2014 at 2:05:23 pm

I'm very new to Avid, can you explain this to me like I'm a five year old?

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Apr 30, 2014 at 12:36:14 pm

You can use the Send To Sorenson Squeeze command.

Basically, this just makes a reference movie with the proper settings. It does not launch Sorenson automatically. Launch Sorenson and drag the file into the main window. There are presets for all types of files, including various levels of h264 compression. This should give you better results than a direct export from Avid.

It's all fairly self explanatory once you try it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]