FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do you find where the audio in a sync clip came from?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Clements
How do you find where the audio in a sync clip came from?
on Apr 24, 2014 at 11:32:38 am

Hi,

I'm editing with sync clips and I need to find the original audio file that synced with the picture to form the clip. I'm stumped though...I can't link back to it and there's no mention of this in the sync clip's meta data. What's the solution? Obviously Avid knows where the media is, because it's accessing it, but it won't tell me where it is.

Film Editor, London UK
http://www.scottclementseditor.com

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: How do you find where the audio in a sync clip came from?
on Apr 24, 2014 at 12:04:38 pm

When you make EDL and such, the clip knows the sources it came from. If you want match back to the audio clip during editorial, you do the standard matchframe to bring up the .sync clip, then turn off the V channel and do a matchframe again from the source side and it will load the original BWF file at the same position.

Michael

Return to posts index

Scott Clements
on Apr 24, 2014 at 12:29:14 pm

Hi, Michael. Thanks for your response. I match frame and bring the sync clip up into the source monitor, however, I get a little lost here:

"turn off the V channel and do a match frame again from the source side and it will load the original BWF file at the same position"

Is this turn off the V1 track? That doesn't allow me to match to the audio. Turn off the V channel? I'm not sure I know what this is. I looked around all over the source monitor and couldn't find a switch/button/menu for that. I'm on Avid MC 7.0.3 OS mac Mavericks.

Film Editor, London UK

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Apr 24, 2014 at 12:39:05 pm

Yes...he means turn off V1 on the source side, then match frame again..on the source side...not from the sequence.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Apr 24, 2014 at 12:41:45 pm

In the timeline, source tracks, turn off the V track so that only A tracks are highlighted, or the ones you want to match to, and do a matchframe again. You may need to map the matchframe to the buttons below the source monitor or make sure that the source monitor is active when clicking matchframe.

Michael

Return to posts index

James Patterson
on Apr 24, 2014 at 12:43:31 pm

You have to de-select when you match frame back (see pic) Just be aware that if you've kept the scratch audio on your sync clip you'll have to de-select those audio tracks as well.

Best

Paddy

Return to posts index

Scott Clements
on Apr 24, 2014 at 1:01:48 pm

Thanks, guys. Got it now! Just had to toggle into the source side as you said.

Film Editor, London UK

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Apr 24, 2014 at 1:06:07 pm

Great! But it would be a great feature to matchframe to the original audio in a .sync file directly from the timeline... Another feature request. :)

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]