FORUMS: list search recent posts

Apple vs HP

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vincent Strader
Apple vs HP
on Apr 23, 2014 at 8:37:48 pm
Last Edited By Vincent Strader on Apr 23, 2014 at 8:39:17 pm

(Edit) - I don't mean to create a My computer is better than Your computer thread. I simply want the favored option. I edit on both at work, but I don't configure them at work. We have different people that come in and set up the computers. I like what I edit on, but I wonder about the other opinions out there.

---

I figured AVID would be the best non-bias forum to post this question in. I guess Adobe would too, but I'll chose AVID if that's alright.

I'm dizzy from configurations, reviews, and opinions. So I'll ask for more opinions.

Simple question Apple Macbook Pro VS. HPs most powerful notebook.

If you care to provide an opinion which would the best way to go be? I've confused myself on the Apple website. Some of my configurations before purchase make the 13 inch seem way more powerful than the 15 inch (both maxed out). But I know I have to be wrong on that.

Then I read some forums that were against Apple, and said to go HP. I'd like to keep my budget under 5K for a laptop since I'll also be purchasing an external screen.

Mental fatigue
Vinnie

Return to posts index

Pat Horridge
Re: Apple vs HP
on Apr 24, 2014 at 2:47:36 pm

My view is go HP. More bang for you bucks.
Also the Apple OS has had a number of dis-settling updates recently and no sign that will level off. Windows 7 Pro 64bit Service pack 1 will see you good for some years. Windows 8.1 is ok (and slightly more efficient but windows 7 is rock solid)

Hardware wise I find Apple upgrades to be overly priced.

And finally I generally find Avid to be more stable on PC than Mac.
Plus you get Avid DVD on the PC side but not the Mac (although Avid DVD will no longer ship from MC V8)

Pat Horridge
Technical Director, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor
VET
Production Editing Digital Media Design DVD
T +44 (0)20 7505 4701 | F +44 (0)20 7505 4800 | E pat@vet.co.uk |
http://www.vet.co.uk | Lux Building 2-4 Hoxton Square London N1 6US

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]