FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem Importing from Sony HXR-NX5U into Avid Media Composer

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gregg Hawks
Problem Importing from Sony HXR-NX5U into Avid Media Composer
on Apr 23, 2014 at 1:25:17 pm

Hi, Oh great and powerful Oz's in the Avid world. I just got a project shot on this camera and when I 1mport the footage there is occasionally a frame or two that is dropped between files (it is a fat32 file structure on the SD cards). It doesn't always happen but it does enough to drive you crazy. I was told that the sd cards may store a couple of frames in meta data that it doesn't import.
Am I missing an import setting that will get all the footage plus meta data?
Do I need the software that came with the camcorder to import the footage to the computer first then to Avid? Any suggestions, fixes or workarounds that can solve this problem would be much appreciated!

Return to posts index

Charlie Steiner
Re: Problem Importing from Sony HXR-NX5U into Avid Media Composer
on May 7, 2014 at 4:55:07 am

I find that with sony cameras, using their software to import files is worthwhile. besides seamless stitching, you then have entire takes as single files, no matter how long they are. if you lost the cd you can probably download the program from sony by looking up the camera name...

Return to posts index

Gregg Hawks
Re: Problem Importing from Sony HXR-NX5U into Avid Media Composer
on May 7, 2014 at 3:30:50 pm

Thanks Charlie,
I have the disk, I just was trying to expedite the process of getting the footage into the editing system....I guess haste makes waste.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]