FORUMS: list search recent posts

ScriptSync Not Working

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Will Scothern
ScriptSync Not Working
on Apr 16, 2014 at 1:50:44 pm

Just a quick question, we recently used a trial version of script sync to link up a bunch of old archive footage with relevant transcripts. Now we're a little further down the road the scripts open but don't show anything.

Is this because even if you've already got the script in the project they won't work without a license or working trial?

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers,

Will

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: ScriptSync Not Working
on Apr 16, 2014 at 2:13:10 pm

These are really two different process:

1. Script Based editing is the window that hosts the text version of the script or transcript and allows clips to be added to user selected spans of the text. User can even manually sync the text to the clips if desired. The result is a list of clips with small black markers that indicate the sync points created. Clicking these will load clip at that position. There are tools to slide markers or clips or position in clip when loaded as a post process.

2. ScriptSync is what us purchased as a license and it only allows for the automated lining of the script via phonetic indexing of both script and audio in clips and doing a time align sync process. This removes the more tedious process of syncing manually which is slower than real time. ScriptSync can do this many many times faster than real time and will create a sync marker at every line if available in the clip.

In ALL cases, the result is a script that has sync markers and once a script is marked, it can be used on any system with the same media using the same source clips. There does not need to be a ScriptSync license on every system using the lined script as the interface.

What may be different in your case, is what happens in the case of a trial once expired. In my understanding, the markers should still remain on the script as the license is for automating the creation of markers and has nothing to do with preserving them once on the script. It sounds like there is another issue at play here. I have to give this one some thought as nothing jumps to mind unless there is something specific to trial versions.

Michael

Return to posts index

Will Scothern
on Apr 16, 2014 at 2:18:34 pm

Thanks for the reply.

After doing a bit more work this end it appears some of the scripts work but others do not. Grabbing an older version of the script from the Unity Attic doesn't help as it presents the same problems.

I'm guessing that the ScriptSync "bins" are the only copy, since it's all just metadata, and I can't look to see if something funky has gone on with the media folder?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Apr 16, 2014 at 2:38:57 pm

Are the clips that were dragged onto the script and used for the indexing still online and available in other bins? That might be a place to start.

Michael

Return to posts index

Will Scothern
on Apr 16, 2014 at 2:46:15 pm

The other clips are online and working perfectly. I'm really stumped by this one. Looks like a redo.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]