FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid Editor Services are not running

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hans Sieber
Avid Editor Services are not running
on Apr 16, 2014 at 1:07:24 pm

Hi Folks,

I`m experiencing a strange problem with my new windows laptop and MC 7. I´m using an ASUS notebook( Intel I7 4700M Nvidida 750 M and 8 GB ram,I know it´s not qualified by Avid) and I´m having trouble to get the background tasks to work properly. I can start the the services from the Background manager tool and from within Media Composer. System says all is running. Grenn Icon in the taskline and a green circle in the Timeline. But when I try to access the background tasks by opening the DMF from the tools menu or by clicking on the green circle avid tells me that "Avid Editor Services are not running. Please start Services from the Avid Editor services Manager".
I tried using the full installer for 7.0.3. Then tried to use full installer for 7.0.2. (I uninstalled all components before doing the second install.) Still the same problem. Only change with 7.0.2. is that the circle in the timeline turned green. On 7.0.3. it was gray.( I still could start the services from within Media Composer).
I´m running on Windows 8. I´m having no problems with my other system which is an old MAC Pro. (also not qualified) Everything works flawlessly.
Anyone got a hint?

Yours sincerely,

Hans

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Avid Editor Services are not running
on Apr 18, 2014 at 12:44:02 pm

I was having similar problems on a Mac. The answer was to do a total manual uninstall. Apparently, the uninstaller does not catch everything. Avid support walked me through it. I don't know the procedure for PC, unfortunately.

Return to posts index

Hans Sieber
on Apr 20, 2014 at 9:36:35 pm

Hi John,

sorry for my dealyed answer. Easter... Yes that was what I ended up with also. Did a complete manual uninstall. Honestly Avid should no longer distribute the 7.0.3 full installer if that happens. I have no problem doing the full installer for 0.2 and then patching to 0.3. But in the end it worked out. Hope your systems running well.
Wish you all the best!

Hans

Return to posts index

Michael Purugganan
on Feb 8, 2016 at 3:52:22 am

Please Help me I tried doing the Dynamic Media Folder but I always get an error message saying "Avid Media Services are not running Please start services from the Avid Editor Services Manager". I already activated the the services from background services and it still didn't work. I also don't want to reinstall it again. :(

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]