FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using the same start for multiple projects

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yannick Dinand
Using the same start for multiple projects
on Apr 14, 2014 at 1:01:43 pm

Hello everyone,

I first apologize for my poor english and thank you for your understanding.

I don't get how I can use the same start and ending on different projects :

I have a WebTV for which one I created some animations made on AMC/Avid FX. I would like those animations to run at the start of every videos I make. But I need to be able to modify those animations, as they contain the summary of the current video.

So I can't export those animations as a movie file, I need them to stay editable.

I don't know if i've been clear enough ! Thanks a lot for helping me.
Yannick

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Using the same start for multiple projects
on Apr 14, 2014 at 1:57:46 pm

It depends on your animation style and how much needs to change each week.
Unfortunately, if you need the content to be different, you either need to design your animations in a way that makes it easy to drop in your new footage on top of the old animation, or you are going to have to re edit it every time. There is no magic button that will link place holders to parts of you sequence or anything like that. (not that i'm aware of anyway)

Probably the easiest thing to do is to make a project called Open animation template.

Build your opening in that project.

create a new project for every other show. From within those individual projects, do a File/open bin, and work your way back to the template project, and open that bin.

Load that animation sequence into your source side, cut it into the timeline and adjust the shots that need to be changed.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Using the same start for multiple projects
on Apr 14, 2014 at 2:31:00 pm

Keep the start as is its own sequence in a bin and edit it onto whatever sequence it needs to be part of. You can drag a sequence to the source monitor to do this. Double-clicking will always load it. Once dragged to the source monitor, you can edit as with any other source clip.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]