FORUMS: list search recent posts

EXPORT ERRORS - it's been 10 hours trying to mixdown and export!

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shilpi Gupta
EXPORT ERRORS - it's been 10 hours trying to mixdown and export!
on Apr 11, 2014 at 6:33:26 am

I have been trying to mixdown and export a cut of my film since 5PM this afternoon - it's now 2:30AM... PLEASE HELP!

The cut is 1hr and 45mins. At first when I was doing a mixdown I kept getting this error: "Exception: NEMFileWriter::ExecuteInternal TIMEOUT - NEMFileWriter has detected upstream pipe stall... " That actually crashed one of my hard drives which now won't mount.

After re-linking to one of our back-up drives, I still kept getting that error. But I was finally able to mix down the sequence when I broke it up into 5-7min chunks.

But when I went to export, I keep getting this error: "std::exception, what:[CQTExportWorkingThreadBody] Threads::SendThreadMessage: Thread message queue full MainThread ~DeferredDisplayWait."

I have mixed down the whole sequence to DnX175, I even mixed down the audio. I even tried chunking out the sequence into small pieces and exporting... NOTHING is working! I tried it on 2 different systems. I'm at my wit's end here. And I need to get a cut to someone in the morning...

I'm on OSX 10.8.4 on Avid 7.0
The other system I have is OSX 10.9.2 Avid 7.0.3

Return to posts index

Brendan Charles
Re: EXPORT ERRORS - it's been 10 hours trying to mixdown and export!
on Apr 11, 2014 at 2:05:06 pm
Last Edited By Brendan Charles on Apr 11, 2014 at 2:29:05 pm

Not sure specifically about this render issue, but here are a few general tips I use in overcoming render errors and crashes.

1. Try creating a whole new project, opening the bin and then rendering out. Sometimes this is enough to fix render issues.

2. Similarly, you can also create a new sequence- load your old sequence into the source monitor and drop everything into the new one. It's simple, but it has fixed errors for me in the past.

3. Try a combination of 1 &2.

4. Export out your sequence in chucks by either breaking them up into sub-sequences or using the 'Use Marks' setting in the export settings. This will let you diagnose exactly which part of your sequence contains the problematic clip or error. Once you have found the problematic part, you can fix it and try rerendering our OR simply assemble the clips you rendered out in Final Cut or something and it should go pretty fast.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]