FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 AMA linking isn't working efficiently

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Archibald
P2 AMA linking isn't working efficiently
on Apr 9, 2014 at 9:12:56 am

Hi everybody, been a while since I've needed to make a thread.

I've started using MC 6.5.3 again in my new job after moving to Premiere for most of my own stuff and while the majority of my Avid workflow has come back to me, I'm really struggling with bringing in P2 footage, and I'm sure I never used to have the problem.

I've tried just about every variety of AMA linking and legacy P2 importing, and each either doesn't work at all (volume link, tried from multiple levels on and in the card structure) or doesn't work properly (legacy P2 import offlines if you open the project on another machine, despite the AvidStyle Editshare structure still being in place).

The sure-fire way I've got it working is by AMA linking to the video files within the card structure (on the aforementioned Editshare) and then going back into the bin and AMA linking the audio. It links them automatically when this is done, but it's quite an arduous process when dealing with a large volume of media.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I've done a lot of Googling, so just to (I believe) rule out the usual contenders:
I have the latest P2 drivers & AMA plugins.
The card structure is entirely in tact.
I have tried working from a local drive as well as the EditShare.
I have tried every setting in the volume mounting AMA settings, restarting MC after each change.

Obviously I have a solution, so it's not urgent, but that -can't- be the correct way of doing it. Any help would be massively appreciated.

• Archie •

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]