FORUMS: list search recent posts

Where is the clip volume in Avid MC?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zak Gooberman
Where is the clip volume in Avid MC?
on Apr 7, 2014 at 12:19:29 am

Hi guys,

been editing with Avid for a while, this rather basic issue has always annoyed me but now on a project where I absolutely have to know the answer.

CLIP VOLUME
So, on the timeline there's my audio tracks, and there's the pretty line with or without keyframes denoting the volume all along the track. But, where do I find out WHAT the volume level (i.e. 0, +3. -2, whatever) IS? i.e. not the gain, but the linear volume level at a point on the timeline or at a keyframe.

Where is this? Can anyone help me? Surely it must be somewhere. In the timeline hamburger>audio data when I check volume, nothing happens. Does anyone know what is supposed to happen?

Thanks all!

Return to posts index

Juris Eksts
Re: Where is the clip volume in Avid MC?
on Apr 8, 2014 at 12:32:35 pm

In the Tools menu, click on Audio Tool. That brings up the tool for as many tracks as you have, but at the top of the timeline there is a meter for 2 tracks.

Return to posts index

Zak Gooberman
on Apr 9, 2014 at 5:38:31 am

Hi Juris,

yep but these meters only seem to show the volume when the clip is playing (also the audio tool currently contains 2 tracks when there's four on timeline). What I need is:
- the playhead is stopped at a particular point on the timeline, on a clip whose volume has varying, keyframed audio.
- While the playhead is stopped (clip not playing), where can i find the level of that keyframed audio at that precise point?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Apr 10, 2014 at 8:35:24 pm

Have you tried the audio mixer? I don't use the rubber band tool for Audio adjustment, so i don't know if those values show up in the mixer interface or not.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]