FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to fix badly recorded audio in Media Composer (Student Edition)

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Joseph
How to fix badly recorded audio in Media Composer (Student Edition)
on Apr 5, 2014 at 7:09:15 pm

I have a somewhat difficult problem, I'm trying to fix the most horrible audio in history. However, the actor's audio is somewhat OK but the background noise is unbearable (i.e. there's airplanes, crew dropping things, cellphones ringing, and etc. Worst part is that the actresses audio seems distant (the boom mic operator got very lazy and didn't pan the audio on her. I tried using a couple of things (EQ, NTSC Hum Removal, etc.), but it seems it doesn't have any affect.

Now I know some Pro Tools, but there's two problems. The Pro Tools is on an iMac that's not shared on the ISIS and it has 12GBs of RAM with an ATi 512MB GPU, but the CPU has an i5. Media Composer isn't installed on the iMacs and Pro Tools is NOT installed on the Windows PC (Its a school computer lab and the specs on the iMacs varies 99% of them have i3s). The Powerful Windows PC that I'm on has Media Composer and has the ISIS installed. It looks like they removed the iZotope from Avid (I've heard it was built in the Avid but as trail-ware). The video is Apple ProRes 422 (proxy) and its about 4-6+ GBs in size

I have to use all the available audio resources in Media Composer itself since the project is on the ISIS system.

Did CreativeCow make a tutorial on it?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]