I'm considering using a Drobo 5N for nearline storage to hold all our full resolution file-based media. Currently our process is to:
- Backup card media to two duplicate external USB3.0 drives
- AMA the media in
- Transcode to the 800kbps Proxy setting and edit with that (transcoded files now reside on ISIS)
- Once edit is finished, AMA original media back in from external drive
- Relink sequence to AMA clips
- Transcode sequence to DNxHD (new DNxHD media resides on ISIS)
Do you forsee any issues AMA linking clips from a volume on a Drobo 5N connected to our local network (via gigabit) versus an external hard drive? Juggling drives is starting to take up more of my time and I need a solution where I don't have to mentally and physically lug around a couple dozen external drives.
We're on MC7 and use PCs connected to an ISIS 5000.