FORUMS: list search recent posts

No audio on Quicktime Reference export

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victor Seckeler
No audio on Quicktime Reference export
on Apr 3, 2014 at 6:13:08 am
Last Edited By Victor Seckeler on Apr 3, 2014 at 6:13:50 am

All of a sudden, there is no audio when I export a QuickTime Reference into Avid DVD. And in playing the reference mov on my desktop there is no audio there either. When I export a full QuickTime movie there is audio.

I tried restarting the application, then the computer, deleting the MCState, the site attributes, making a different project. At one point there was an error code in the Media Composer: The error was: Exception: AMPI subsystem error, Error Message: DSMerrorcode eDSM error code eDESMError_SendMessageErr, AudioMixPateComponent::DisconnectOutputSection is Audio Mix Path.cpp:1034

Any ideas most appreciated. Thanks.

I am on Windows 7, HP Z820, Media Composer/Symphony 7.0.3

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: No audio on Quicktime Reference export
on Apr 3, 2014 at 11:34:09 am

Is audio AMA linked? What is the media type ... MXF? What are your QT Ref export settings?

Ricky

Return to posts index

Victor Seckeler
on Apr 3, 2014 at 1:38:02 pm

The media is DNxHD 220 MXF. It's 1080p 29.97. The QT settings are: export as QT ref. Use mark, enabled tracks. Flatten video tracks, fill spaces with black, render av video effects, mixdown audio tracks (there is only one on this project), audio format: WAVE, 48 kHz, 16 bit. Use Avid Codecs, RGB color levels. I've recently made many QuickTime reference movies successfully from footage from the same source with all of these same settings, and all of a sudden it's stopped working = no audio.

Thanks,

Victor

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
on Apr 3, 2014 at 2:00:17 pm

Looks like you're doing everything correctly. Saw several posts about this so you might look into a few things:
1 - See if you have any RTAS Plugins in use (a workaround may be to do audio mixdown)
2 - On Windows 7, make sure DEP is disabled (right click My Computer, Properties, Advanced Settings, Performance
3 - Short of fresh install you can try rebooting and/or try Programs and Features in control panel and "repair" Avid MC

Google brought these up from Avid Knowledge base and Avid Community Forums as recently as Feb. 2014 - seems to be an intermittent bug, possibly corrupt drivers?

Ricky

Return to posts index

Victor Seckeler
on Apr 3, 2014 at 4:03:41 pm

1. The audio is already mixed down; the video too. 2. It seems that I only have two options for the DEP. The one that is checked says it's only used for essential uses. completely. 3. Since I can output a QuickTime movie with audio and am right now in the middle of a time-critical Bluray/DVD burn, I can't check out the repair MC option now. I have restarted the computer numerous times.

Thank you,

Victor

Return to posts index

Sarah Furie
on May 13, 2016 at 6:56:36 pm

Did you get a fix for this?

Return to posts index

Victor Seckeler
on May 13, 2016 at 7:04:19 pm

I'm now on Symphony 7.04 and no longer have the problem. I had even forgotten about it, and have made several Quicktime Reference .movs in the past several weeks. It is only your post that now reminds me of it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]