FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid MC 7 won't import or transcode H264 files

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arica West
Avid MC 7 won't import or transcode H264 files
on Mar 26, 2014 at 10:33:24 pm

I am working with AVID MC 7.0.2 on a MacMini (OSX 10.8.5).

I've never had any import issues with this system before, but it won't import H264 files. When trying to import it freezes around 1:06-1:17 every time.

It's not the media because I was able to import it on another system. I also tried importing a completely different H264 file and had the same results (freezing then crashing after 1:00). I also converted one of the files to a different format and was able to import into the project successfully. I've also moved the media to numerous different drives and my desktop, but nothing has worked.

Its not the project, since I tried importing the media into a different then a new project but the same results.

I did receive a error message my first attempt at importing this media: "Exception: A serious error has occurred! It is recommended that you immediately save your work and restart the system." But I have not received any error messages since, the system just crashes.

I also tried linking to the media via AMA but it freezes then crashes during transcode.

Any ideas what could be causing this to happen?Thanks for any wisdom on this crazy issue!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Avid MC 7 won't import or transcode H264 files
on Mar 27, 2014 at 1:01:17 am

Are you sure the file itself is not corrupt? Does it play all the way through in MoviePlayer?

Michael

Return to posts index

Arica West
on Mar 27, 2014 at 2:11:33 am

Yes. It plays without problems all the way through in QT and I was able to import the same media successfully using a different system. It's this one computer / AVID having the issue.

Return to posts index

David Fontseca
on Apr 4, 2014 at 10:37:49 am

Hi Arica.
This is the same problem than me, in few minutes the import console has froze, and I can't import directly in H264, I read in different forums and this problem is common from some months ago. I can't understand that, and if the problem affects a lot of people, why AVID will not solve that?

I still looking for information and solution, if I find it, I'll tell you.

Cheers

David

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]