FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid Limited Output/Export to 1725.20kbps

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benjamin Sidoti
Avid Limited Output/Export to 1725.20kbps
on Mar 25, 2014 at 3:25:15 pm

So I've been trying to export dailies/screeners via Avid with the following specs:

h.264
300kbps
427X240

But it keeps exporting clips that fit all of those specs EXCEPT the bitrate - when I look at the bitrate via inspector in quicktime, it tells me the bitrate is 1725.20kbps.

I need to send screeners/dailies out for transcription and the files are way too big. Also, I'm working from an AMA linked volume.

Thanks,
Ben

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Avid Limited Output/Export to 1725.20kbps
on Mar 25, 2014 at 4:48:06 pm

Once you get to "other" codecs when exporting out of Media Composer, you are at the mercy of the QuickTime engine being controlled by Apple QuickTime. Do you have QuickTime Pro on that system? Perhaps that will give you more control over the encoding parameters.

For external encoding, you would need to transcode to either DNxHD or ProRes and export QT references out and then use a third party application to encode. You will have to decide overall of that is faster and better while meeting required specifications.

Michael

Return to posts index

Benjamin Sidoti
on Mar 25, 2014 at 4:50:50 pm

Thank you! That's what I was afraid of. I was hoping to turn around dailies very quickly from AMA linked media, but it looks like I'll need to consolidate first, then export reference files for Squeeze.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 25, 2014 at 5:50:03 pm

Mixdown first...faster.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Mar 25, 2014 at 6:35:31 pm

Agreed, mixdown first uses all cores, then export QT reference from there and use a third party application to encode. It is unfortunate that MC7 offers the ability to transcode to 800kbs H.264 but will not allow export "same as source" for those clips. It would make these types of workflows much faster and easier to manage.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]