FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVID to AFTER export resolution problem with aaf

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carolina Presa Valverde
AVID to AFTER export resolution problem with aaf
on Mar 24, 2014 at 6:27:56 pm

So, Im having some troubles, god, headshot troubles.

The thing is I'm doing some workflow from AVID to After with the AAF export. Just descovered it and works perfect, transforms the clips to layers. I already consulted a lot of posts and try some things, but none works.

I had a project built up in AVID, and without noticing it (I usually work with FCP) I created it a PAL 720X576 project. I meant a 1080 one, damn. When I export the AAF file and import in AFTER, it creates a 720x576 size comp (yes, everything good so far).

But then I go to "FORMAT" in AVID settings and apply 1080 format:

I've read it's not possible to change AVID sequence settings, I guess the way I'm doing it, am I only changing the project, but no the sequence already created with the born size 720x576?

TO finish, just ad more info gotten out from my effors to solve it.

If I create an AVID new proyect from the start, with 1080 settings, new sequence:

-Importing the clips in a bin there and dragging to the sequence gets a perfect export.
-Copy/Paste the content of the old sequence to the new correct one, doesnt work, as well as opening bins from the other project and dragging the clips to the new sequence, gets the wrong size again!!!

Crazy or just me? I tested the quality in AFTER if I scale them to the right size, but they comes out a bit worst!!

:S sad and going crazy... some help please?

Return to posts index

Carolina Presa Valverde
Re: AVID to AFTER export resolution problem with aaf
on Mar 25, 2014 at 11:27:00 am

It's been solved, thanks to another forum.

I did a batch import for AVID to reformat the clips, in case somebody has the same problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]