FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any thoughts on Video Symphony's editing program?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Hendrickson
Any thoughts on Video Symphony's editing program?
on Mar 17, 2014 at 5:06:34 am

I'm learning Avid, and was considering attending Video Symphony in Burbank. Has anyone here went through their editing program and would you recommend it?

I would like to make a career out of editing. I know that it's a competitive field, so I want to be sure to choose the right school.

Thanks!

Steve

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Any thoughts on Video Symphony's editing program?
on Mar 17, 2014 at 7:33:10 am

I attended it 18 years ago, and cannot recommend it more. I know of many more who also praise the program.

Note that even though you go through the program, you might not get editing jobs straight away. Most likely you'll have to start out as an assistant editor, if you are new to the field. There is a lot to learn that isn't taught...such as working with producers, dealing with network specs, various workflows that each company employs (they can be slightly different). Get your hands dirty in the tech aspects, and then get on the radar of producers who might eventually give you editing opportunities.

Unless you are lucky enough to find someone who'll hire you to edit right away. But typically before you get paid to edit, you need to build a "reel," work on free projects, or low pay projects...get a reputation...build a reel of work.

But yes, it's a good program.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Steve Hendrickson
Re: Any thoughts on Video Symphony's editing program?
on Mar 18, 2014 at 7:41:44 am

Thank you Shane. I'm happy to hear that!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]