FORUMS: list search recent posts

Source Timecode for Video Mixdown

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Graham Fortin
Source Timecode for Video Mixdown
on Mar 13, 2014 at 11:51:15 pm

Hi,

I am trying to add source time code burn to a video mixdown track in AVID Media Composer.

I was able to get it after re-exporting the mixdown as a Quicktime reference file and bringing THAT back in, however, is there a way to create a timecode burn of a video mixdown track from the get go?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Source Timecode for Video Mixdown
on Mar 14, 2014 at 12:14:03 am

Drop the TIMECODE generator on an empty track above your cut...it'll cover the whole sequence. Then mixdown that.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Graham Fortin
on Mar 14, 2014 at 12:44:38 am

Thanks Shane,

To confirm, I am looking for the source time code of the reel's individual video mixdown.

Right now, when I throw up the time code generator above a stitched sequence of reels, the source timecode for each reel reads: "N/A". The reel time code is preserved in each reel's video mix down.

Having a hard time understanding why the source time code is preserved in the video mix down, however, is not readable by the time code generator.

When I go back to the reel's original AVID sequence and export a QT ref, the time code generator is able to read the source time code fine when I bring it back into AVID. This wastes time as I have to wait for AVID to re-import the QT ref into an MXF file.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 14, 2014 at 12:56:28 am

OK, I just did a test. I added edits to the FILLER in the upmost track of my timeline...for a 30 second test. I added the Timecode Generator...made it display the SOURCE TIMECODE...and I see all my sources. I get "N.A." when I'm over black...but all the rest work. And then I marked IN and OUT, highlighted all my video tracks, and did a VIDEO MIXDOWN. This mixdown has the timecode burn, and the source TC, and the NA exactly where it does in the sequence.

Not sure what you are doing wrong...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]